Badges and Backpacks 2020
2020 Badges and Backpacks Dates and Locations
- August 1, 2020 - Flowing Wells High School 3725 N Flowing Wells Road
- August 2, 2020 - Sunnyside High School 1725 E Bilby Road
- August 8, 2020 - Cienega High School 12775 E Mary Ann Cleveland Way
- August 9, 2020 - Rincon High School 421 N Arcadia Avenue
All events are from 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. or until there are no more backpacks.
We will be handing out 500 backpacks at each event.
Mask will need to be worn in adherence to Pima County directives.
This year Pima County Sheriff's Department will be giving out our backpacks as a Drive-up event! Pima County Sheriff’s Department commitment to our community. While large gatherings are not feasible, under current guidelines, we have been resolute to find a means to equip youth for the upcoming school year. The backpacks, along with the school supplies they are filled with are courtesy of Banner Aetna. In an attempt to make the event accessible we will be holding 4 smaller events for 2 weekends. Each event will be handing out 500 stuffed backpacks. Once the backpacks are gone that particular event will be closed.
Here are some important things to note for the events.
- There will be a walk-up station available for thoseutilizing public transportation, biking, or walking to the event.
- If you are not located in your vehicle a mask must be worn when interacting with event volunteers.
- There will be only one (1) backpack per school aged child.
- School aged child must be present to receive a backpack.
We would like to give a special thanks to the following business for helping sponsor and supporting the event.
If you have questions or more information email: email@example.com